Hylow Umbrella White Reflective (109cm)
Lighting umbrellas are versatile light-shaping tools that are easy to set-up and to travel with. Reflective umbrellas are designed to reflect light back onto your subject, resulting in a softer and broader light that is far more flattering than direct and undiffused light. Read the bottom descriptions for more information on this umbrella.
Please note: Light and light stand are not included. Images used for illustrative purposes only.
White vs. Silver vs. Gold Reflective vs. Translucent Umbrellas
Which one to choose?
- Softer light with flatter highlight details
- Modest amount of reflection
- Reflects a neutral colour of light
- Maximizes light output
- Increased specularity (stronger highlights) and contrast
- Crispier shadow edge details (similar to beauty dish effect)
- Reflects a slightly cooler colour of light
- Reflects a golden colour that adds a warming tone to your subjects
- Typically used to recreate a sunrise/sunset golden-hour look, especially when used as a rim/accent light
- Designed to diffuse direct light
- Not a very efficient light shaping tool, as a lot of light spillage, may occur
- Considered as a "budget-softbox"
- Can be used very close to your subject as opposed to reflective umbrellas
What size to choose?
- As a rule of thumb, the larger the light source in relation to your subject, the softer the light will be
- Keep in mind that larger light modifiers are cumbersome to travel with and to set up.
- Larger light modifiers are also trickier to use in windy conditions
- Size: Ø109cm
- White reflective surface
- Plastic cover included for easy travel and storage
- Shaft: Ø9mm (aluminium)
- Plastic cover
|Typical Backorder Leadtime||When item is "OUT OF STOCK" - please contact us for ETA.|
As low as R730.97 Regular Price R859.97
From R5,295.41 Regular Price R6,229.91
To R7,063.41 Regular Price R8,309.91
From R3,102.45 Regular Price R3,649.95
To R3,986.45 Regular Price R4,689.95